My wife liked the One Ring I made for her out of Anycubic black resin and she indicated that she would love Arwen’s necklace, so I figured that would be a perfect project for Anycubic clear!
I found a file on Thingiverse and set to work. I decided to print the file flat with supports as it worked well for the One Ring. The first attempt, Print #14 failed.
Print #14 fell from the supports during print and figure malformed. I decided to try again, this time I enlarged the file and added more supports.
It also failed. It did better, but the flat part of the back was uneven and malformed. I made more revisions to the file, this time I put the model on an angle a bit.
A lot better, but still a fail. The back of the print looked better, but the supports around the fragile ends caused the piece to snap. I reworked the file with more supports around the delicate areas and I put it at around 45 degrees for angle.
Almost a perfect print, except it failed at the bottom area closest to the print bed. I reworked the design again, put more supports along that bottom part. I anxiously hit print once again.
Success at last! I had a good print and after washing and curing it, I very carefully trimmed away the support and did not break the piece! My wife loves and it was a surprise so that is even better! I think I’m going to put away the clear resin until another special project and move onto gray.
Here’s a comparison of each of the five attempts:
Bonus picture of the cool glowing of the clear resin in the curing station: